Thursday, January 17, 2013

If the jeans fit


One man I dated was Alex. I failed to look closely at the height section of his Great Expectations bio and when he showed up at my apartment, he was significantly shorter than me. Shortness didn't seem to bother him in the least. He was an anesthesiologist, (a job hallelujah!), and had an awesome body, toned arm and leg muscles with six-pack abs plus the best looking behind I had ever seen on a man in a pair of jeans. Alex thought I needed to be in better shape by exercising with him and he didn't hesitate to let me know that.
One time while waiting for our table at a local restaurant, he actually grabbed my biceps and said: “Sturdy stock,” as if he was buying livestock. He also gave me a birthday present of clip-on earrings failing to notice or ask about my pierced ears. At least he gave me a present, I thought to myself. But when he had me ride his bicycle along Sunset Blvd. in the dark of night as he jogged beside me, I knew this would not work out. Even on his bike, I couldn't keep up with him. Plus, dodging the traffic was a nightmare!

No comments:

Post a Comment