Monday, June 18, 2012

The Future Mrs. Chef


When lunch was over and the crowd had thinned, Chef Dave came out of the kitchen and sat in on the rest of the meeting. I had a difficult time concentrating on business, because this hot chef was sitting directly across from me. But I persevered and in the end, decisions were made, press releases and events planned. In other words, I had my work cut out for me.
As soon as I got up to make my exit, Dave asked if he could walk me to my car in a polite yet flirtatious manner. I almost had a heart attack, I was so excited!
“Come in for dinner anytime,” he said as we walked side by side, a glint in his eye that told me he wanted to share more than business. I was thrilled! “Bring your friends, whoever you want, or just come in by yourself.”
I just knew this sexy, talented chef was going to be my new boyfriend. We would be the perfect couple: him, the culinary genius, and me, his brilliant publicist. I didn’t care if dating him meant a conflict of interest. We could keep it a secret until we were ready to take the next step. Besides, with his job, he would be making enough money to support us both. I wouldn’t even have to work once we were married. I could run a charity like Wolfgang Puck’s wife! I knew my imagination was running wild but I couldn’t, and didn't want to, stop it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment