Friday, June 1, 2012

Turkey Obsession


I remembered to pack some fresh turkey for Blondie, her favorite, a leash and a water bowl (this was in the days before the portable water bowls). I was to bring dessert so I picked up some cookies from a local bakery knowing there would be several kids at this picnic. My friend Kate, the first of the four of us to get married, already had four children, Barb had two little ones and the newlywed Mary was expecting her first. I had been asked to be a bridesmaid in all their weddings but I backed out at the last minute in Mary’s. At the time of her ceremony, I had just broken up with the man I thought I would marry and was so upset that I couldn't be there for my friend on the most important day of her life. To this day, I still feel bad about that but I was pretty depressed at the time. It was all I could do to actually attend the ceremony. As it was, I had to leave the reception a number of times to walk outside for a good cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment