Friday, February 1, 2013

The lookout dog


Selecting a Doberman Pinscher as his lookout was the best choice Gary could have made. Originally used as guard dogs, watch dogs or police dogs, Dobermans are among the most common pets, well known as an intelligent, alert, and loyal companion dog. Gary proudly shared everything he knew about them.
“Dobermans were created by a German tax collector named Karl Friedrich Louis Dobermann,” he enthusiastically explained. “This guy Dobermann had to travel to many dangerous places in his job, high crime areas, so he bred a dog for protection.”
I was completely fascinated by Gary. He was handsome, intelligent and loved his dog. It didn’t take long for me to realize that he was a hustler at heart. Growing up in an upper middle class neighborhood did not put me in contact with many Cat Burglars. I knew that he was not someone I could introduce to my parents. I was not ready to give up my dream of marrying someone my parents would accept. I was also too afraid of being hurt again like I had been with Bobby so I didn’t want to begin a serious relationship of any kind, keeping my distance emotionally. Our dates were never planned or organized; we would just get together if we ran into each other at the dog park.

No comments:

Post a Comment