Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The chef vs the bartender


The bar at Restaurant 321 was packed every night with a lively crowd of 20 and 30 something’s mainly from the entertainment community. Not the stars and starlets that John the owner originally wanted. The frequent bar and dinner guest at Restaurant 321 were the agents, their assistants and the behind the scenes crew members...the folks that spent money.
“How did you learn to make all those drinks?” I sweetly asked the bartender I was after. “I would never be able to keep all those orders straight,” I stroked his ego and batted my eyes. He droned on and on about his successful career while I pretended to listen. At last call, I was still acting like his eager audience, tipsy after downing too many glasses of wine. When he finally finished closing the bar, we started kissing passionately right there behind the bar. Within seconds (and ear shot of the Chef) I asked Bartender Jeff back to my place.
The next morning, I was mortified. What was I thinking? I didn’t even like Jeff romantically. The worst part was that Dave didn’t even seem to care. In fact, Chef Dave was getting more popular by the day as the pr campaign I was orchestrating paid off with stories in major magazines and newspapers. It was so awkward for me, both of us pretending we had never seen each other naked.

No comments:

Post a Comment