Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Me and my Blondie


In no time, Blondie began to stand up straight, head held high with her tail in its rightful place instead of between her legs. Even her face changed from the traumatized blank stare she had when I first rescued her from the pound to the beautiful, serene dog that she was deep down inside. It felt so good to take care of another soul. She was so smart that it took her no time to learn how to take care of me too. At night, Blondie would stretch out her front leg and place her delicate paws gently on my back as she curled up in bed next to me. We slept back to back most nights. With her snuggled up next to me, my nightmares vanished and I felt safe and secure. She was not going to go back to the pound nor to another family. She was mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment